As earlier we discussed introduction and techniques of SEO as well as Off-Page SEO, now we will discuss the main factor of SEO i.e. ON-Page optimization.
On-Page Search Engine Optimization-
On-Page SEO refers to all the things that you can do ON your website to help you rank higher, such as web-page titles, internal linking, meta tags & descriptions, etc.
These are some major points which should be in mind when we do ON-Page –
- Page Title- Your page title is one of the most important SEO factors on your site. Each of your pages & posts should have its own unique title, which includes the main keywords for that page.
Example- Best SEO Services Company in Delhi NCR
Format – <title> Best SEO Services Company in Delhi Ncr</title>
Length – the length of meta title should be in between 50 to 70 characters with space.
Note- Google gives high priority to meta title, so try to make a unique title for your pages.
- Meta Description- Many people forget to include meta descriptions for their pages. These descriptions are an important place to include relevant keywords for your content, as these are used within the search results when your page is listed. Descriptions should be relevant to your page title which also denotes your web page’s information.
Format- <meta name=”description” content=”write the proper description of your web pages” />
Length – length of meta description is 150 to 160 characters with space.
Note- Google crawler gives second highest priority to meta description.
Meta Keywords- For each of your pages, you can include a set of keywords in the form of meta keywords. These should be all the relevant keywords of your content, which you will have researched previously. In this section, we can add those keywords which are used for SEO purpose.
Format- <meta name=”keywords” content=”write the proper keywords which is to target for that web pages” />
Meta Robots- Basically robot tag is used to inform the crawler for index and follow our web pages. It is a force technique to tell spiders for indexing. By default when we upload our web pages on to the server, crawler crawl your web pages instantly.
Types of Robots-
- <meta name=”robots” content=”index, follow” />
- <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, nofollow” />
- <meta name=”robots” content=”index, nofollow” />
- <meta name=”robots” content=”noindex, follow” />
ALT tag optimization- Images are more important for our WebPages because it’s a great way to make your site more visually appealing. As we know that Google is text driven. It is not crawl images. To solve this problem, we use alt tag for image indexing.
Format – <img src=”image URL” title=”name of image” alt=”name of relevant keyword ” />
- Robots.txt File- Robots file is used to hide web content from Google spider. Basically, we use this file to allow or disallow web content from crawler as well as for 404 errors removal. It’s a notepad file with a name of robots.txt.
In this file, we have to use some syntax like-
Note- We use “ * ” for all the crawler and in steed of “ * ”, we can use the crawler’s name like googlebot, msnbot, bingbot , Slurp etc.
- Link Title Optimization or Internal Linking (Anchor tag) – link title optimization is also known as internal linking or anchor tag. In which we have to make a link in between webpage content which is towards to different web pages in current document or website. We make these anchor tag on a text which is relevant to the next web page.
“ We are a website designing company in Delhi offering designing services related to logos, graphics, websites, and even the banners for online promotions.”
In the above example, we have a text i.e “website designing company in Delhi” . On this text, we will make a link or anchor tag.
Format- <a href=”www.abc.com/website-designing-company” target=”_blank” > website designing company in Delhi</a>
- URL Structure- Including search engine friendly URLs for each of your pages is highly recommended, as these bring better crawling. Shorter URLs seem to perform better in search engine results, however, that is not the only factor.
We have to use relevant URL for that page like if your page has information regarding web designing then your web page URL should be like abc.com/website-designing-company .
This technique is much effected to our keyword’s ranking.
Note- We should not use “_” in web page URL, because “_” is not SEO friendly. In steed of this we use “-”.
- Heading Tags- Heading tags is more important for any article or any web page. Because heading tag denote what current web page is all about. These sections can be given heading, which is where H1, H2, H3, H4, etc. tags are used.
Remember- We can use only 1 H1 tag in single document apart from H1 tag we use H2 , H3, H4……H6.
- Keywords Density- How many time you repeat a word in any paragraph. Google allow this but there is a condition like a keyword density should be 1 to 2 % only. It can vary with google’s regular update.
(No. of repeated word / No. of words in a paragraph) * 100
- Keyword Stuffing- As we learn earlier about keyword density, Keyword stuffing is well connected to this. When we exceed the limit of keyword density i.e known as keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing is the practice of inserting a large number of keywords into Web content.
- Keyword Stemming- Keyword stemming is a kind of search engine optimization technique in which we create new keywords with the help of prefix and suffix.
Example- Seo Company – Main Keyword
Through Keyword Stemming –
Result is – Seo Company in Delhi or Seo Company in Noida (With Suffix)
Best Seo Company or Top Seo Company (With Prefix)
- Keyword Prominence– It is very important to use your keywords in significant areas into web content. Keyword prominence refers to how prominent your keywords are within key elements of your web page. Specifically, how close to the beginning of the page’s TITLE tag, heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.), and meta description, your keyword phrase is placed. You should always put your most important keyword phrase at the very beginning of your TITLE, DESCRIPTION, and H1 and H2 tags. Also, try to begin your first and last sentences of body copy with the important keyword phrases.
- Keywords Proximity – A search term can be made up of a combination of keywords. The keyword proximity refers to the distance between the search term’s individual keywords. For example: a website contains the keywords that make up the search term “Detroit Corporate Photographer” in the sentence “Detroit Photographer Blake Discher specializes in corporate photography”.The search term proximity between “Detroit” and “Photographer” is excellent, zero words, but between “Photographer” and “corporate”, it is four words. The smaller the distance between a search term’s individual keywords, the more relevant it will be from a search engine’s point of view.
- Sitemaps – Last but not the least, Sitemap is more important for any website. It denote a list of pages of a web site accessible to crawlers or users. It refers to crawler (Spider) or user that the website has these WebPages. It can be either a document in any form used as a planning tool for Web design, or a Web page that lists the pages on a Web site, typically organized in hierarchical fashion.
Types of Sitemaps –
- Sitemap.html – HTML Sitemaps are displayed with the user in mind and with the same structure: they are usually linear, or top-down showing the content hierarchy of the site, they provide the user with an easily readable table of contents, thus showing them how to get to their page destination.
- Sitemap.xml – XML sitemaps do pretty much the same thing as a HTML but they are in a different type of web code and document. They are also a visible list but provide URLs to the web crawlers that give additional data about the pages meta tags. They show data on whether there have been changes to the page and how often it changes compared to other URLs on that site. This additional data is important for the crawlers as the more links to data the crawler can find, the more optimized the page.
These 15 techniques are just some of the ways that you can improve your on-page SEO. Any one used independently of the others won’t make much difference to your site ranking, however, when used together, they can help to improve your site traffic. We admire from a lot of websites on that techniques and we truly mention that we took help to make these points very helpful for the users.