You may have heard the term “guest posting” but you may not know what it is. If you want to try out guest posting, you need to know every detail about it. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
What is guest posting?
Guest blogging or guest posting is a part of SEO. You can write on someone else’s blog as a guest. Thus, you get better exposure and authority. You are also able to share the link of your own blog.
A link is one of the most important features of Google. In addition, guest postings offer you a prospect of providing a link to your website from another webpage.
Guest posting is a great way to establish a relationship with other bloggers. Besides, you get the exposure to their audience as well. You can also establish a control over the readers.
Why do we use guest posting?
We’ve already mentioned that you get exposure, control and can build a relationship through guest posting. There are some other perks as well.
- Creates competent leads: It’s very important for you to choose a website that has a steady flow of audience. Additionally, you must also select websites that are similar to your niche. Thus, you will be able to connect with an interested audience.
- Expansion of personal network: If a website allows guest posting, there will be other guest bloggers as well. You get a chance to communicate with other bloggers from your niche. You can also brainstorm together to create new topics. Thus, your personal network expands.
- Increase social media shares: Guest posting allows you to share your content in different social media. Some websites are active about sharing their posts on social media. If your audience shares your post on social media platforms, you get even more exposure. Therefore, your content will reach an even greater number of readers.
Importance of guest posting:
According to some established bloggers, guest posting is one of the most powerful strategies for creating an online presence. Your credibility increases when you regularly post as a guest. People start to trust you and they will keep coming back for more of your content.
When you write blog posts for your own blog, there’s no one to tell you whether your writing is good or not. The audience flow might satisfy you. On the contrary, when you try submitting a guest post, the website owner may give you some feedback.
You can utilize the feedback to improve your writing and increase the readability. The easier your post is to understand, the more audience it will attract.
Your own blog can get you a limited traffic. However, as soon as you write guest posts, your online visibility increases. The audience of the other websites can click on the backlink and visit your website. Thus, you get the chance to increase the number of subscribers.
How to do guest posting?
There are two ways of guest posting. The first way is when an editor of a blog identifies your skill and approaches you to write on their website.
The second way is when you pitch your idea to an editor of an established blog. Once your idea is accepted, you can send articles on that. If you are approaching for guest posting for the first time, here are a few tips for you:
- Ask the editor of the blog if they accept guest posting.
- Once the editor confirms, send a well-written pitch.
- You may need to wait for a few days or weeks to get the approval.
- As soon as the editor approves, you can submit your guest post.
- Makes sure to submit your guest posts well in advance so that it gets published timely.
How to search for the best guest posting sites?
You need to consider a few things when you are searching for best websites to submit your guest post.
- Assess the blog: You should ensure that the links provided in your writing will be “Dofollow” instead of “Nofollow” links. If not, don’t waste your time.
- Check the authority of the domain: Calculate the score of the website and submit guest posts only if the score is above 30.
- Check other posts: Check the recent posts and see whether the posts have been shared on social media platforms. If the blog doesn’t promote your content, there’s no point in writing for that website.
- Use Proper Parameters: To search guest posting or guest blogging sites into SERPs, You need to know how we should search to get best guest blogging sites. Here is some example which can help to find out the best answer.
“Your Keyword” + Write for us or “Your Keyword” + guest post
Hopefully, the information and the explanation will help you to get started with your own guest post soon.